PLEASE NOTE THE DATE FOR THE 2019 BOSWORTH HALF MARATHON IS: SUNDAY 12TH MAY -
put the date in your diary!
2018 Race: Thanks to all you lovely runners and of course our wonderful helpers this year. We had an amazing time and we hope you did too.
KTB MILE RESULTS HERE
Well done again everyone...
The 2018 Bosworth Half Marathon was the 1st Summer league race for the LRRL, and also hosted the Leicestershire & Rutland AA County Half Marathon Championships.
We will know at the end of October if we are successful in our application for it to remain a Leicestershire Road Running League race and County Championship.
This well established event aims to offer our runners a safe, well organised, great value event on a course that takes in some lovely Leicestershire scenery around the historic town of Market Bosworth.
We are very pleased to welcome the Lecestershire Road Running League. The Half is the first Summer League race for the League - we're sure runners new to this great event will find it a very rewarding and enjoyable event.
Our official charity - Keepthebeat are pleased to continue the success of the 1 mile event, held entirely within Market Bosworth Water Park. This is a fantastic venue that has many on-site facilites - toilets, showers, shop, cafe, crazy golf, children's play area as well as many water sports. Camping/Caravaning is also available - pre-booking essential!
The event offers:-
- Free car-parking.
- £22/£24 entry fee
- Chip timing
- UKA Permit No. 2018-32185
- Certificate of Course Accuracy No. 09/318.
- Race limit 1100
- Extensive prize list - £100 cash to 1st man/lady plus age category and Team prizes.
- Category prizes for V40/V45/V50/V55/V60/V65/V70/V75
- Team prizes sponsored by Derby Runner.
- £100 course record.
- Bespoke quality medal for all finishers.
- Official race nutrition: High 5
- Fyffes banana to all finishers
- Well marshalled course with mile markers
- Desford Striders, Hinckley Air Cadets, Bosworth Scouts, Badgers and many local experienced marshals.
- 5 water stations - High 5 on 4th at Gated Road
- Water supplied by Swithland Water
- Race Charity: keepthebeat
- Bag Storage
- Derby Runner Retailer
- Sports Massage - pre and post.
- Free downloadable race photos
- No extra charges for online entries
- NEW FOR 2018 - transfers of entries are allowed for this year.