RACE VENUE: MARKET BOSWORTH WATER PARK, WELLESBOROUGH ROAD, MARKET BOSWORTH, CV13 6PD
We are very pleased to have such a great venue for our race – so please take advantage of their facilities – lots to do for everyone. There is a café and shop as well as fishing, kayaking, sailing, crazy golf, pedalos, soft play area, a fabulous outdoor play area and much, much more!
We are delighted that the Bosworth Half Marathon is the first Summer League race for the Leicestershire Road Running League and also the Leicestershire and Rutland Athletic Associations County Championships.
- Registration opens at 8am – please arrive as early as possible to collect your number - there is a disposable chip on the reverse - do not take off! No chip = no time.
- LEICESTERSHIRE CLUBS – your race numbers will be included in your Club’s envelope. Please allocate 1 person per Club to collect all your race numbers and distribute among your members on the morning.
- Race numbers will be allocated on Weds 9th May and will be posted on the website Thursaday 10th. On the day, please collect from the relevant numbered desk. Your race number will need to be collected on race morning.
- Please write your details, any medical information and emergency on the day contacts on the back
- Do not cut or fold your number.
- PLEASE DO NOT WEAR HEADPHONES – they are banned at this event and you will be disqualified for wearing them.
- Chip timing – please make sure your chip number is the same as your race number.
- Unsecured bag storage will be in a gazebo near the Finish Line
- Secure key storage will be available at Race Registration – see the Entries on the Day Desk.
- TRANSFERS ARE ALLOWED UP UNTIL 28TH APRIL 2018 – please see Event Entry transfer form on www.bosworthhalf.com website.
- PLEASE CAR SHARE AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. There is adequate parking but it will help speed up entry/exit the fewer cars we have.
- Parking will be in the overflow car park and this is free to runners.
- As you turn off the main road from Market Bosworth it will be on your left, just past the Sports Ground. Another entrance on the main Wellesborough road will also be used - please follow the directions of the car park marshals. Hinckley Air Cadets and Desford Striders will be guiding and helping you.
- There will be signs out advising of Road Closures, but the turn into the Water Park is not affected.
- When you exit the car park, there will be no right turn allowed, this is so we can get everyone exited as quickly as possible.
THE RACE STARTS AT 10AM ON THE ROAD NEAR THE PIRATE SHIP WITHIN THE WATER PARK.
There will be signs for your anticipated finish times, please stand by your expected finish time to ensure the start is as smooth as possible. The first mile is on a closed road, but is fairly narrow, so it would help all runners if you could adhere to your anticipated finish time and avoid unnecessary congestion.
COURSE UKA PERMIT NO. 2018/32185 CERTIFICATE OF COURSE ACCURACY NO. 09/318
- In association with the Leicestershire Road Running League and Leicestershire County Council, we have implemented some Temporary Traffic Road Closures:-
- CLOSED ROADS - from the Water Park to Far Coton (to Mile 1), the Gated Road (9.5 mile to nearly 11 miles) and the Far Coton Lane returning from Market Bosworth (just past 11miles to finish).
- TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURES (Approx 8 minutes) in Far Coton, under the Aqueduct at 2 miles and Shenton at 2.5 miles.
- CONED CROSSING AT SUTTON CHENEY – At 9 miles in Sutton Cheney we will be using marshals/coned section to guide you onto the right hand side of the road to get you up towards the Gated Road.
- IT IS ESSENTIAL THAT YOU FOLLOW THE MARSHALS ADVICE AND GUIDANCE AT ALL TIMES
- The course is 1 lap – undulating with a lovely little climb up the Gated Road into Market Bosworth!
- It is well marked and marshalled by our excellent volunteers.
- Please use the pavement wherever possible and safe to do so, be prepared to stop at junctions or crossings and give way to other road users, traffic and pedestrians. Please keep to the left hand side of the road, unless instructed otherwise by our marshals.
- PLEASE DO NOT LITTER THE COURSE with gel wrappers – keep them with you or pass them to a marshal. There really is no excuse for littering and ruining the goodwill we have built with the residents on our route.
- If you feel ill or unwell on the course, please go to the nearest marshal.
- We will have people around the course that can take you back to the start/finish area if necessary.
- Please look after yourself on the course and keep safe.
- There is a time limit of 3 hours – once the sweep vehicle has passed you, if you continue on the course, you are then taking full responsibility for yourself and must continue as a pedestrian, all marshals and Water Stations are withdrawn after the sweep vehicle has passed.
- YOUR MEDAL, HIGH 5 PRODUCTS AND FYFFES BANANA WILL ALL BE WAITING FOR YOU!
- Plenty of Water and High 5 drinks will be available.
- There will be cash prizes for the Top 6 Men and Ladies
- £100 First Place Man/Lady
- £100 Course Record Prize
- 1st placed V40,45,50,55,60,65,70,75+ Men and ladies
- 2nd placed V40,45 Men and Ladies
- 1st and 2nd place TEAMS – 4 Men, 3 Ladies to count (sponsored by The Derby Runner)
- County Championships – first 3 men/ladies regardless of age and 1st Vet man/lady over 40. To qualify you either have to be born in Leicestershire/Rutland or reside in the County for the last 9 months.
PRESENTATION WILL BE BY THE FINISH LINE AT APPROX 12.30PM – ALL PRIZE WINNERS MUST BE IN ATTENDANCE.
- Mike McSharry from Fun2Run will be taking your race day photo’s – they’ll be on the website/facebook soon after the event and can be downloaded for FREE!!
AT START/FINISH AREA
- The Mayor of Hinckley & Bosworth Borough Council, Councillor Ozzy O’Shea will be starting off proceedings. Half Marathon Start is by the barriers, on the road near Registration/Pirate Ship AT 10.00AM
- There will be timed gates, please stand near to your anticipated finish time.
- We are pleased to have The Derby Runner and Dave Mann Tours in attendance once again – lots of running gear at very reasonable prices.
- The Finish Line is in the field 50 metres from the start line – look out big Derby Runner gantry!
- For a small fee - suggested fee of £5 (cheap in our mind!) we have pre and post massage by Beatrice – www.beamassagetherapy.co.uk and www.zoltanmassagetherapy.co.uk - please make use of their services – it’ll benefit your race and recovery.
- Your Race Organiser - Linda Whitelegg
- Race Adjudicator - Peter Osborne
- Race Referee - Carol Fossard
- Commentator - Terry Simms
- Chip Timing - Leicestershire Road Running League
- First Aid - Red Cross and Market Bosworth First Aid Responders
- Desford Striders – One of the biggest clubs in the league and growing every year. Come and join us on a Tues/Thursday evening for some quality training. www.desfordstriders.co.uk We’re a great Club and guarantee you a warm welcome.
- Desford Flyers - Manning Water Stations at Mile 5 and Mile 8
- Desford Striders - Will be everywhere!
- Hinckley Air Cadets - Will be numerous - Car Park/Registration/Mile 3 and Mile 12 Water Stations.
- Badgers Runners - Not only have they a huge contingent of runners in the Half, they are also your marshals along the Fenn Lane – Mile 5 to 9
- Market Bosworth Scouts - You won’t miss them on the Gated Road Aid Station!
- Numerous Friends and family - far too many to mention, but so grateful to them all.
- Special thanks go to: Our Chapter 8 marshals - Richard Billington, Gina Blagden, Steve Hibben, Paddy Crowe, Carol Haylett, Chris Parkin, Will Davison.
OFFICIAL SPONSOR - KEEPTHEBEAT
We are very pleased to be associated with such a great charity as KEEPTHEBEAT. They are amazing in what they achieve in helping so many affected by congenital heart defects. Please do all you can to raise funds for this fantastic charity. All proceeds from the KEEPTHEBEAT mile will go to this great charity too.
Adults raising £50, children £30 will receive a free keepthebeat hoodie.
- High 5 – our official race nutrition
- Fyffes Bananas – as always! A tasty, nutritious snack at the end of your run – worth doing it just for the banana!
- Swithland Water – providing clean, fresh lovely Leicestershire Water on the course and finish line (in plastic cups).
- Derby Runner – an everpresent at the Half – come and see them for all your running needs. Very grateful to them for providing the Finish Line gantry and the Team Prizes.
- Lead vehicle.
- Sweep vehicle
AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST…… A BIG, MASSIVE THANK YOU TO YOU, FOR COMING AND JOINING US TO KEEP THIS GREAT EVENT ON THE LEICESTERSHIRE ROAD RUNNING MAP.
WE HOPE THAT YOU HAVE A GREAT RUN, ENJOY THE DAY AND WILL COME BACK AGAIN.
RESULTS WILL BE ON THE WEBSITE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE AFTER THE EVENT.
Linda and the
THE BOSWORTH HALF MARATHON TEAM