Thank you for entering the Bosworth Half Marathon sponsored by Granite Transformations, we hope your training goes well and gets you ready for the challenge ahead. Here are some instructions to help you get the most out of your day.
- Venue - Market Bosworth Water Trust - Post code: CV13 6PD
- Please arrive in plenty of time to get parked, registered and ready to run - we'd suggest at least an hour before race start.
- Car Parking - is free on race morning for runners. Hinckley Air Cadets will be helping you to park, please follow their instructions.
- Registration - is in the wooden hut near the shop/cafe. Please get your race number from the start list and go to the appropriate numbered desk.
- Please take time to write the emergency medical information on the back of your number.
- Numbers must be worn on the front of your tops and must not be folded, cut or mutilated.
- DO NOT ALLOW ANYONE ELSE TO USE YOUR NUMBER. There will be on the day entries available.
- CHIP TIMING - please check your chip is the same number as your race number. Please use the velcro strap and put around your ankle. REMEMBER - NO CHIP, NO TIME!
- Please make sure you take your chip off at the finish line. All lost chips will be charged at £10 each!
- We have unsecured bag storage and secure key storage at Race Registration.
- Please line up on the start line alongside your anticipated finish time.
- The Start is near the Pirate ship on the main entrance lane. START TIME: 10.00AM
- PLEASE DO NOT RUN IF YOU ARE ILL OR INJURED.
- Please follow the marshals instructions and at all times be aware of your and other road users safety.
- HEADPHONES ETC ARE BANNED FOR THIS EVENT. It is for your own safety. The roads are rural and narrow in parts and you need to be able to hear marshal instructions/traffic and your fellow runners! We will have marshals around the course noting down race numbers of runners still using headphones and you will be DQ'd and removed from the results at the Finsh.
- CYCLISTS - Please do not have supporters cycling alongside you during the event. It is not safe to do so, as again the lanes are narrow and you may cause congestion and frustration for other runners and road users.
- LITTER - Please do not throw your litter - gels/bar wrappers mainly - in the kerbside/hedges. We work hard to eliminate any frustrations with residents and the local authorities and this is just not acceptable. Last year we collected over 40 discarded wrappers after the event. Please pass it to a water station or ask a marshal to take it from you or just take it back with you!
- PULLING OUT - If you need to withdraw from the race, please go to an aid station or marshal who will be able to assist in getting you help to the finish. Don't forget to give your chip in at the end and inform them of your withdrawal.
- 3hr time limit applies. If the sweep vehicle passes you, you may be asked to withdraw or you can continue as a pedestrian at your own risk. All marshals/aid stations are withdrawn after the sweep vehicles pass them.
- We have the fabulous Jamie Capes of RE and Alex Pryor of AP Massage along with students providing pre and post race massage - please take full advantage of their services!
- As usual The Derby Runner will be in attendance on the day with their range of running atire and vast knowledge of everything running related!
- PHOTOGRAPHY - we are looking into different avenues with our race photographs, more details to follow.
- RESULTS - will be on this website asap!
We hope that you appreciate all the marshals and volunteers around the course and give them thanks for giving up their valuable time in order to make this a great day for you all. I'm sure they will be encouraging you and cheering you on, please reward them with a smile at least!
Have a great run, we hope you achieve your running goal on the day.
Be safe, have fun and enjoy the beautiful Leicestershire scenery.
Tel: 01455 617608/07950 455085 email@example.com