Looks like the weather will be pretty much perfect for you Sunday - 16degrees, cloudy but with some sunshine! But please take care and prepare yourselves for race day.
- Keep hydrated before and on the day
- Wear sunscreen and a hat if it looks like it'll be warm.
- Carry water if you think you’ll need extra.
- Swithland Water is provided in cups at 3, 5.5, 8.5, 12 and the finish.
- On the Gated Road there will be water, High 5 drink, High 5 gels and sponges.
- Please do not start the race if you are injured or unwell.
RACE VENUE: MARKET BOSWORTH WATER TRUST, WELLESBOROUGH ROAD, MARKET BOSWORTH, CV13 6PD
We are very pleased to have such a great venue for our race – so please take advantage of their facilities – lots to do for everyone. There is a café and shop as well as fishing, kayaking, crazy golf, pedalos, play area and much more! Have a look at their new pedalo's!!
- Registration opens at 8am – please arrive as early as possible to collect your number - there is a disposable chip on the reverse - do not take off! No chip = no time.
- Your allocated race number is now on the website – please collect from the relevant numbered desk. Your race number will need to be collected on race morning.
- Please write your details, any medical information and emergency on the day contacts on the back
- Do not cut or fold your number.
- PLEASE DO NOT WEAR HEADPHONES – they are banned at this event and you will be disqualified for wearing them.
- Chip timing – please make sure your chip number is the same as your race number.
- Unsecured bag storage will be in a gazebo near the Finish Line
- Secure key storage will be available at Race Registration – see the Entries on the Day Desk.
- Will be in the overflow car park and is free to runners. As you turn off the main road it will be on your left. Another entrance on the main Wellesborough road may be used also - please follow the directions of the car park marshals. Hinckley Air Cadets will be guiding and helping you.
- There will be signs out advising of Road Closures, but the turn into the Water Park is not affected.
- When you exit the car park, there will be no right turn allowed, this is so we can get everyone exited as quickly as possible.
THE RACE STARTS AT 10.00AM ON THE ROAD NEAR THE PIRATE SHIP.
There will be signs for your anticipated finish times, please stand by your expected finish time to ensure the start is as smooth as possible and avoids congestion. As soon as you turn right out of the Water Park, the lane is closed to traffic but as with a lot of the course it is quite narrow.
There will be a minutes applause at 9.59am in honour of Jane Hadland whose husband Paul is running in her memory and Martyn Rice, photographer and keepthebeat friend, both of whom passed away this week.
- In association with the Leicestershire Road Running League and Leicestershire County Council, we have implemented some Temporary Traffic Road Closures – from the Water Park to Far Coton (to Mile 1), the Gated Road (9.5 mile to nearly 11 miles) and the Far Coton Lane returning from Market Bosworth (just past 11miles to finish).
- There will be Temporary Closure under the Aqueduct at 2 miles and a traffic control system at Sutton Cheney just after 9 miles, guiding you to the Gated Road.
- PLEASE FOLLOW THE MARSHALS ADVICE AT ALL TIMES
- The course is 1 lap – undulating with a lovely little climb up the Gated Road into Market Bosworth!
- It is well marked and marshalled by our excellent volunteers.
- Please use the pavement wherever possible and safe to do so, be prepared to stop at junctions or crossings and give way to other road users, traffic and pedestrians.
- PLEASE DO NOT LITTER THE COURSE with gel wrappers – keep them with you or pass them to a marshal. There really is no excuse for littering and ruining the goodwill we have built with the residents on our route.
UKA PERMIT NO. 2017/27669 CERTIFICATE OF COURSE ACCURACY NO. 09/318
- If you feel ill or unwell on the course, please go to the nearest marshal.
- We will have people around the course that can take you back to the start/finish area if needs be.
- Please look after yourself on the course and keep safe.
- There is a time limit of 3 hours – once the sweep vehicle has passed you, if you continue on the course, you are then taking full responsibility for yourself and must continue as a pedestrian, all marshals and Water Stations are withdrawn after the sweep vehicle has passed.
- YOUR MEDAL, HIGH 5 PRODUCTS AND FYFFES BANANA WILL ALL BE WAITING FOR YOU!
- Plenty of Water and High 5 drinks will be available.
- There will be cash prizes for the Top 6 Men and Ladies
- £100 First Place Man/Lady
- £100 Course Record Prize
- 1st placed V40,45,50,55,60,65,70,75+ Men and ladies
- 1st and 2nd place TEAMS – 4 Men, 3 Ladies to count (sponsored by The Derby Runner)
PRESENTATION WILL BE BY THE FINISH LINE AT APPROX 12.30PM – ALL PRIZE WINNERS MUST BE IN ATTENDANCE.
- With a huge thanks to Danny and Chris from the Badgers who will be taking photos on the day for you to download for FREE!! (Keep an eye out for the Badger on the course!!) Also Ben and Emma from Desford Striders will be at the start/finish area. Look out for the 'selfie' board.
AT START/FINISH AREA
- The Mayor of Hinckley & Bosworth Borough Council, Councillor Richard Allen will be starting off proceedings. Half Marathon Start is by the barriers, on the road near Registration/Pirate Ship AT 10.00AM
- There will be timed gates, please stand near to your anticipated finish time.
- We are pleased to have The Derby Runner and Dave Mann Tours in attendance once again – lots of running gear at very reasonable prices.
- The Finish Line is in the field – a big Derby Runner gantry will give the game away.
- For a small fee - suggested fee of £5 (cheap in our mind!) we have pre and post massage by Beatrice – www.beamassagetherapy.co.uk and www.zoltanmassagetherapy.co.uk - please make use of their services – it’ll benefit your race and recovery.
- Your Race Organiser - Linda Whitelegg
- Race Adjudicator - Peter Osborne
- Race Referee - Paddy Crowe
- Commentator - Terry Simms
- Chip Timing - Leicestershire Road Running League
- First Aid - Leicester Medical Services and Market Bosworth First Aid Responders
- Desford Striders – fantastic help in putting on this event, publicity and so many more things.
- So many to thank, many giving up their Saturday and Sunday to help
- Desford Flyers - Manning 2 Water Stations Mile 5 and Mile 8
- Hinckley Air Cadets - Will be numerous and you will see them around! Car Park/Registration/Water
- Stations and the Finish Line.
- Badgers Runners - Once again, grateful thanks to the Badgers – marshals all along the Fenn Lane
- And providing 2 excellent photographers.
- Market Bosworth Scouts - You won’t miss them on the Gated Road.
- Numerous Friends and family - far too many to mention, but so grateful to them all.
- Special thanks go to: Our Chapter 8 marshals - Richard Billington, Gina Blagden, Steve Hibben, Paddy Crowe, Carol Haylett and Richard Bebbington.
OFFICIAL SPONSOR - KEEPTHEBEAT
We are very pleased to be associated with such a great charity as KEEPTHEBEAT. They are amazing in what they achieve in helping so many affected by congenital heart defects. Please do all you can to raise funds for this fantastic charity. All proceeds from the KEEPTHEBEAT mile will go to this great charity too.
- High 5 – our official race nutrition
- Fyffes Bananas – as always a tasty, nutritious snack at the end of your run – always worth a banana!
- Swithland Water – providing clean, fresh lovely Leicestershire Water.
- Derby Runner – an everpresent at the Half – come and see them for all your running needs. Very grateful to them for providing the Finish Line gantry and the Team Prizes.
- Craig – Sapcote Window Cleaning - sweep vehicle.
AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST…… A BIG, MASSIVE THANK YOU TO YOU, FOR COMING AND JOINING US TO KEEP THIS GREAT EVENT ON THE LEICESTERSHIRE ROAD RUNNING MAP.
WE HOPE THAT YOU HAVE A GREAT RUN, ENJOY THE DAY AND WILL COME BACK AGAIN.
RESULTS WILL BE ON THE WEBSITE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE
Linda and the
THE BOSWORTH HALF MARATHON TEAM