Thank you for entering the Bosworth Half – not long to go, hope you have all trained hard and are looking forward to a lovely Sunday morning run around our beautiful course. The forecast is looking good so far....no rain forecast and 18 degrees.
We’re looking forward to welcoming all runners, the Half is part of the Leicestershire Road Running League series of races and it is also the Leicestershire & Rutland AA County Championships – awards are given for the first 3 L&R runners home regardless of age and an award for the first vet over 40.
· First male/female home will receive £100 cash, 2nd £70 and 3rd £50
. New award for the first male/female Under 20.
· Age category awards for V40/V45/V50/V55/V60/V65/V70/V75
· £100 cash if course records are broken - 1.07.34 in 2007 for Tim Hartley and last year in 2018
Georgina Schwiening broke the ladies course record in 1.16.20
· Team prizes are sponsored by Derby Runner – they’ll be attending on race day, so you can pick up a bargain from their stall too. 4 men to count, 3 ladies – prizes for 1st and 2nd teams.
Your race numbers will be allocated on Thursday, 9th May and you will find them on this website. You can collect your number on race morning from 8am. LRRL runners – your numbers will be put together and a Club Rep will collect and distribute.
Just a few things to remember for the day:-
1) Please arrive as early as possible – it’s going to be a busy day with over 900 in the Half and over 200 in the Mile
2) Please car share!
3) IMPORTANT - LEICESTERSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL HAVE A ROAD CLOSURE IN PLACE FROM 9AM TO 3PM ON RECTORY LANE, MARKET BOSWORTH (THE ONE WAY SYSTEM) ON RACE DAY THAT WILL AFFECT YOU GETTING TO THE RACE VENUE. DIVERSIONS WILL BE IN PLACE, BUT PLEASE ALLOW EXTRA TIME TO GET TO THE WATER PARK.
4) Please fill out the reverse of your race number.
5) Chips are attached to the number – do not remove!
6) If you are ill or unwell, please do not start the race.
7) Runners should: respect the rules of the Highway Code, not be accompanied or followed by cyclists or cars, follow the instructions of police, officials or marshals, behave in a manner that is safe for themselves and all others, rely on your ability to deal with all hazards, use pavements wherever possible and safe to do so, not wear headphones and not litter the course. But please have fun and look out for your fellow runners.
8) There are Race Road Closures in place – please see our website for information.
9) Please ask your family and friends to wait for you at the venue – the route is on country lanes and narrow in parts and we’d like to keep as much traffic off the route as possible for the safety of everyone.
10) There’s a time limit of 3hrs – Runners need to reach 3 miles in 45minutes, if you are there after that, there will be a car available to return you to the venue. We have a sweep vehicle and if it passes you, you will be asked to return to the start (we can provide transport) or you continue at your own risk and as a pedestrian. Please note that marshals and aid stations will stand down from their duties once the sweep vehicle has passed them.
11) We have 5 Water Stations on route with the Gated Road also having High 5 drink and sponges. Grateful thanks to Swithland Water, High 5 and Fyffes bananas for continuing to support our races.
12) NEW FOR 2019 - in Upton at approx 4.5 miles UPTON BARN CAMPSITE have very kindly offered that our runners can use their toilets, just a short detour off route, which will be signposted. Please respect their facilities and use them with care.
13) We have the Red Cross in attendance – covered areas with First Aiders are provided at Mile 5, Mile 10 and Mile 12 aid stations and we have first aiders/ambulances/mobile units around the course. If you feel ill or unwell, please go to the nearest marshal and they will summon help.
14) We have Mike McSharry of FuntoRun taking photo’s this year…and a few Striders + others out with cameras. These will be free to download after the event, so make sure you’re smiling if you see them!
Please also support our official sponsor and charity – keepthebeat. They do an amazing job in helping and supporting families affected by congenital heart defects. Thank you to anyone who donated online with their entry and to all who have pledged to raise sponsorship by running the Half or Mile. Don’t forget anyone raising £50 will receive a free KTB hoodie. Sponsor forms can be found on the website. You can hand forms in to the KTB team on the day and they will collect size information for your hoodie – it’ll just take a couple of weeks to sort and get to you.
We have an amazing army of helpers to put this race on – Desford Striders and Flyers have pulled out all the stops to get 70+ runners and almost as many marshals! Hinckley Air Cadets, Bosworth Scouts, Badgers Runners – I’m sure you’ll hear them all cheering you on round the course.
Don’t forget the Mile entries close on 8th May – it’s £5 or £10 on the day. The run starts after the Half Marathon has left and is open to all ages and abilities. If you have friends and family with you, why not get them to support the run and have a go – it’ll be fun!
We really do hope you have a great day and enjoy your run.
Good Luck, be safe