Thank you for entering the Bosworth Half – 2 days to go! We hope you have all trained hard and are looking forward to a lovely Sunday morning run around our beautiful course.
We’re looking forward to welcoming all runners, there are 832 entries and there will be entries on the day at £30.
Your race numbers have now been allocated, you can use the link on the home page to find your number.. Please can collect your number on race morning from 8am. LRRL runners – your numbers will be put together and a Club Rep will collect and distribute.
Just a few things to remember for the day:-
- Please arrive as early as possible, we are open from 8am– it’s going to be a busy day.
- VERY IMPORTANT - Please car share!
- The car park is on grass, so if its been raining or is raining your feet will get wet - please bring a spare pair of shoes or wellies (hopefully not!)
- LRRL Runners - your numbers have been allocated together. A representative will need to colllect and distribute to their runners.
- Please fill out the reverse of your race number. Do not cut or fold your number.
- Chips are attached to the number – do not remove!
- If you are ill or unwell, please do not start the race.
- Runners should: respect the rules of the Highway Code, not be accompanied or followed by cyclists or cars, follow the instructions of police, officials or marshals, behave in a manner that is safe for themselves and all others, rely on your ability to deal with all hazards, use pavements wherever possible and safe to do so,
- No headphones are allowed in this event
- LITTER - please do not litter the course. We rely heavily on the continued support of the local communities. Please take your gel wrappers back with you or give to a marshal. Please keep the tear off top bit attached to the wrapper - those little bits can be harmful to animals - please take extra care on the Gated Road especially..
- There are Race Road Closures in place – please see our website for information
- Please ask your family and friends to wait for you at the venue – the route is on country lanes and narrow in parts and we’d like to keep as much traffic off the route as possible for the safety of everyone.
- There’s a time limit of 3hrs – Runners need to reach 3 miles in 45minutes, if you are there after that, there will be a car available to return you to the venue. We have a sweep bike and if it passes you, you will be asked to return to the start (we can provide transport) or you continue at your own risk and as a pedestrian. Please note that marshals and aid stations will stand down from their duties once the sweep has passed them.
- We have 5 Water Stations on route with the Gated Road (10 miles) also having High 5 drink and sponges. Approx at: 3, 5.5, 8, 10 and 12 miles. Grateful thanks to Swithland Water, High 5 and Fyffes bananas for continuing to support our races.
- We have Trailmed First Aid assistance in attendance – we have first aiders/ambulances/mobile units around the course. If you feel ill or unwell, please go to the nearest marshal and they will summon help.
- We have Paul from www.imagesbeyondworkds.com taking photo’s this year…and a few Striders + others out with cameras. These will be free to download after the event, so make sure you’re smiling if you see them! They will be on the facebook page and linked from the website.
- First male/female home will receive £100 cash (courtesy of Hive Hair, Market Bosworth), 2nd £70 and 3rd £50
- . Award for the first male/female Under 20.
- · Age category awards for V40/V45/V50/V55/V60/V65/V70/V75
- · £100 cash if course records are broken - 1.07.34 in 2007 for Tim Hartley and in 2018 Georgina Schwiening broke the ladies course record in 1.16.20
- Team prizes are sponsored by Derby Runner – they’ll be attending on race day, so you can pick up a bargain from their stall too. 4 men to count, 3 ladies – prizes for 1st and 2nd teams.
Please also support our official sponsor and charity – keepthebeat. They do an amazing job in helping and supporting families affected by congenital heart defects. Thank you to anyone who donated online with their entry and to all who have pledged to raise sponsorship by running the Half or Mile. Don’t forget anyone raising £60 will receive a free KTB hoodie. Sponsor forms can be found on the website. You can hand forms in to the KTB team on the day and they will collect size information for your hoodie – it’ll just take a couple of weeks to sort and get to you.
We have an amazing army of helpers to put this race on – Desford Striders and Flyers have pulled out all the stops to get 70+ runners and almost as many marshals! Hinckley Air Cadets, Bosworth Scouts, Badgers Runners – I’m sure you’ll hear them all cheering you on round the course.
Don’t forget the Mile entries, its now a virtual 1 mile, so you can run/walk at your convenience.
We really do hope you have a great day and enjoy your run.
Good Luck, be safe
Linda and the Half Marathon Team.