- Open to runners 17 years and over on race day who are classed as an amateur according to the eligibility rule of UKAthletics. UKA rules can be found at www.britishathletics.org.uk
- All participants are strongly advised to consult their doctor prior to undertaking this event. It is the responsibility of participants themselves to ensure they are medically fit and have undertaken sufficient training to run in this event. Entrants agree to enter this event at their own risk and no organisation or person will be held responsible for any accident, injury or loss to themselves prior to, during or after the event.
- Runners to collect race number and chip timing on race morning.
- No information will be posted out to runners. All information will be on the website:-www.bosworthhalf.com
- The race number is only to be worn by the person who has entered and must not be passed to anyone else.
- WE ARE PLEASED TO ADVISE TRANSFERS OF ENTRIES ARE ALLOWED FOR 2023 up to 29th APRIL Runners can change this themselves through the online entry system.
- No refunds or deferalls will be given.
- Race numbers are to be worn by competitors on the front of their tops. Numbers must be visable, must not be folded, cut out or mutilated.
- FOR 2023 WE ARE HAVING DISPOSABLE CHIPS THAT ARE ATTACHED TO YOUR RACE NUMBER, PLEASE DO NOT TAKE OFF AS NO CHIP = NO TIME!
- Name and emergency on the day contact number as well as any medical conditions, current medication or any other medical information to be written on the form on the reverse of the number.
- The use of headphones/MP3 players or similar are banned in this event. The course is narrow in parts and rural. Should the emergency services need to pass you, you need to be aware and able to hear them. You also need be able to hear the marshals instructions at all times. You will be disqualified and removed from the results if they are used, please leave them at home.
- A 3hr finish time limit applies. A sweep vehicle will follow runners at approx 13.45 minute miling. All marshals and water stations will be withdrawn after the vehicle passes them. Any runners passed by the vehicle may then be withdrawn from the race at the discretion of the race organisers.
- The course will be marked. Please follow the instructions of marshals and adhere to the highway rules. You should always keep to the left hand side of the road unless instructed otherwise by marshals.
- Entry fees are Non refundable and non deferrable even in the case of event cancellation.
- By entering this event you give your permission for the free use of your name, voice or picture in any broadcast, telecast, advertising, promotion or other account of this event.
- The organisers reserve the right to refuse an entrant’s participation or attendance at the event. We strive to organise safe and enjoyable events. Any entrant found in breach of these terms and conditions will be excluded from future events.
- Event cancellation:-
The event will only be cancelled or delayed by the Organisers due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances. A decision will be made to cancel or delay at the earliest possible time. The website and facebook page will be updated as soon as possible with this information. The Organisers and sponsors accept no liability in respect of any costs and expenses incurred as a result of such cancellation/delay and the race entry fee remains Non Refundable/Non Deferrable. We will not be able to postpone the event to another date.
- Collection and use of information.
By entering this event, participants agree that their personal information can be stored, used and disclosed by the organiser in connection with the organisation, promotion and administration of the event and for the compilation of statistical information.
- Data Protection
The Bosworth Half Marathon event complies with the Data Protection Act 1998. Your details will be added to the organiser’s mailing list so that you can be informed of this or other event/activities/services of the race organisers.
Entrants accept that their participation is entirely at their own risk and acknowledge that the organisers shall not be liable for any accident or personal injury (including fatal), loss or damage arising from the participation in or as a consequence of the participation in the Bosworth Half Marathon event, howsoever caused.